Blog Post 6


Because my high school didn't have school pages, I took the liberty of searching for a school that had class pages for the specific grade that I would love to teach which is Kindergarten. The website that I found was Glenkirk elementary school https://glenkirkes.pwcs.edu/class_pages/k/. What's very interesting is most of the elementary websites that I visited are set up the same way. On this specific website though, all the information is public. On the contrary, they only have information about their summer reading program and things that that have learned from the month of September. I assume that they are using this page as a reference for parents to see what their child has learned for the month and upcoming information that they will need to know. 

I envision myself using technology in my classroom quite often. Specifically, PowerPoint because its easier for me to present as well as do hands on activities with my students. Because I have chosen to teach kindergarten or first grade It will be very crucial as to what and how I teach my students. Its very difficult to keep kids attention for a long time, especially at that age. Depending on what area I am in, that will determine what type of resources I will have.

When I visited the technology sandbox, I was very amazed at how many things they had that could be used in schools today. The interactive smart board that we played the monkey counting game on could be used in my class because kids love interactive games and I think that would be a great way to keep them engaged. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"ILP1" Design- Prezi