Blog Post 5
The web 2.0 tools that have been useful to me the most are twitter and youtube. In high school a lot of my teachers used youtube but I never really used twitter for classes until I got to college. In the podcast she spoke about blogs, wiki, twitter, and diigo. She said you can get students to actively and directly engage in the classroom using web 2.0. I also thinks its very useful, especially for parents when you have kids in elementary. Its a very effective way to stay in communication with parents.
An interesting web 2.0 tool that i found was http://edu.glogster.com/. It has various uses such as making notes in your lecture, presenting projects, sharing virtual trips, etc. I think this site would be a new way to capture educational learning in a different light. As a student I use to hate making posters all the time and now technology has come up with ways you can make digital posters.
I am honestly amazed by augmented reality. The books talks about how it refers to a view of the physical world that has computer generated augmentation to what you see, hear, feel and smell. I think this technology advancement holds the biggest promise for education. This technology can be utilized for science, technology and geography classes. Instead doing a lot of reading, they can actually be more hands on with this technology.
Comments
Post a Comment