Deucy's Blog Journal 1
Using technology has had a huge influence on students and teachers in the world today. Honestly, using it gives teachers a easier way to create different ways in teaching material, while giving the student fresh new styles of learning. Its honestly all about how and what you teach that can help technology be better accepted and influenced in schools today. I prefer using technology in my instruction because I know how draining it was learning from a book and word of mouth from my teachers. Additionally, for me it puts students in this narrow box, limiting their learning because it's so many ways you can use technology to teach now.
According to the ISTE standards the most important standard to me is being a learner. I truly believe you must be a learner first before you can be able to educate someone else. Additionally, it’s good to always be able to learn more and be able to keep up with the current trends in education. Honestly, Improving student learning for yourself and others that you educate is the most important factor in education to me. Consequently the standard that is outside my current skill set would be analyst. I have always wanted to learn more about analyzing data. In doing so, I would learn ways that I can improve my instruction.
I would definitely say that I agree with digital native for today's youth. Digital native means that someone has grew up in the technological digital age, which means technology use comes easy for them and they usually perform better when using it. Yes, there was a difference in the way students and teachers were equipped to use technology in Jr. high school. Additionally, most of my teachers used the self taught tool by using our books and/or word of mouth to teach lessons. In the future, I believe technology is definitely going to be more advanced, however because my students and I grew up in the same era using technology it should be a breeze teaching them and hopefully learning from them as well.
Nice work! I strongly agree with what you said about the analyst skill. I am also very terrible at analyzing information and think that is the standard that is outside of my current skill set.
ReplyDeleteI would have to agree that back in the day teachers would use the self taught method to their advantage in the classroom. But, the beauty now is they don't have to rely on that anymore. Technology really takes stress away from many teachers. Good point and solid thought.
ReplyDeleteI completely agree that using technology in a lesson gives the students a fresh, interesting learning style. This also engages them more in the material the teacher is teaching. I also agree that there should not be a very big gap in the technology skills between us and our students. We grew up as digital natives also so hopefully our skills should align with theirs, making it easier to teach them.
ReplyDelete